Man in hospital after Chinese takeaway fire

0
4

By Christine Lavelle

A KITCHEN fire at a Chinese takeaway landed a 29-year-old man in hospital  so he could be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of The Golden Earl in Market Street, Mid Calder, before spreading to the flat above and eventually reaching the roof.

A spokesman from Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “Two fire crews attended the scene at 2.10pm, after the alarm was raised by members of staff at the restaurant.

“A 29-year-old male was taken by ambulance to St John’s Hospital in Livingston where he was being treated for smoke inhalation, the extent of which is still unknown.”

Firefighters, who had to use breathing apparatus to help them fight the fire, remained on scene while investigations continued.

NO COMMENTS