Young family treated after house fire in Glenrothes

0
4

By Christine Lavelle

AN asthmatic boy had to be treated by paramedics after a fire broke out at his family home in Fife.

Fife Fire and Rescue were called to the two storey mid-terraced house at Murray Place in Glenrothes at around 1am today (Tuesday).

They used two hose reel jets and one main jet to tackle the blaze, which was out shortly before 2am.

An ambulance crew was called to the scene to carry out some precautionary checks on all of the occupants, and the young boy received oxygen to relieve his asthmatic symptoms.

A spokesman for Scottish Ambulance said: “We were called to the house fire in Glenrothes just before 2am, as a precautionary measure.

“We checked over a young family who lived there, but no one was taken to hospital.

“A child was treated for asthma, but he did not require any further treatment.”

NO COMMENTS