Woman taken to hospital after fire at Fife cottage


By Amanda MacMillan

A HOUSKEEPER was taken to hospital after a fire broke out at the cottage where she was working.

The fire at the cottage in Birkhill in Gauldry, Fife, tore through the ground and first floor of the property at around 1.30am this morning.

Part of the ceiling also collapsed internally.

A female housekeeper obtained slight burns and was taken to Ninewells hospital in Dundee.

The elderly occupier was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene at later went to a neighbour’s house.

The fire also caused a problem with surrounding water supplies.

Previous articleRussell Brand: ‘Edinburgh is the most important city for my career’
Next articleScots prisoners help to build effigies for Indian festival parade


Comments are closed.