Four rescued from three-storey burning building in Edinburgh


FOUR people were rescued after a fire broke out in a three storey building in Edinburgh.

Emergency services were called to the scene at Murrayfield Drive shortly before 11.30pm yesterday.

The blaze is believed to have started in the property’s electrical intake on the ground floor.

A man was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance staff before being taken to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue service said: “We were called to a fire in the ground floor of a three storey property in Murrayfield Drive at around 11.25am.

“There was one male casualty who was treated at the scene then taken to hospital.

“No one else required medical assistance.”