Smoke alarm saves OAP from blaze

0
180

A PENSIONER had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at her Edinburgh home.

The 75-year-old woman was not treated on scene after a fire started in a wastepaper basket in her flat.

A smoke alarm alerted fire fighters to the fire just after 11am today (Mon).

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “We were called to a smoke alarm at Rosefield Avenue in Edinburgh at 11:09am.

“When we arrived there was a small fire in a wastepaper basket in the flat.

“A 75-year-old female was treated for smoke inhalation. She was checked over and wasn’t taken to hospital.”

A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We received a call from the fire brigade at 11:30am to attend to an elderly woman with smoke inhalation.

“There were no injuries and she was treated on scene and did not travel to hospital.”

 
SHARE
Previous articleDad tribute to “beautiful” daughter Nattalie
Next articleSkinny robbers hunted over mugging

NO COMMENTS