Candle sets dining room alight on Christmas day


CHRISTMAS dinner took an unexpected turn for one family when their table decorations caught fire on Christmas day.

Two crews from Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service were called to the house fire in Edinburgh after a candle fell over on the dining table.

The emergency services were called to 8 Headrigg Row in Edinburgh at 2.20pm as most families were tucking into their Christmas meal.

There were two casualties aged 21 and 42, both male who received oxygen from the fire fighters but did not need to go to hospital.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “We attended a house fire on the 25th in the dining room of the property.

“A candle had toppled over and set fire to table decorations.”

Previous articleTwo arrested after drugs and shot gun found in Edinburgh
Next articleChristmas cards used to deliver drugs to convicts