Fire in four-storey block of flats

0
0
Three fire engines rushed to the scene

FIRE crews tackled a blaze in a four-storey block of flats which left one woman hospitalised today.

A woman was rushed to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary by paramedics after suffering smoke inhalation in the fire on Buchanan Street in Edinburgh.

Firefighters used a high pressure hose reel and breathing gear to extinguish the flames.

Three fire engines and a fire service cherry picker rushed to the scene after receiving a call at 3.44pm.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire Service said: “The fire began in the basement of a four-storey block of flats.

“One high-pressure hose reel and six sets of breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire.”

Crews from McDonald road fire station and Marionville fire station were at the scene.

No other evacuations had to be made from the building.

NO COMMENTS