Man unconscious after living room fire

0
1
The fire crews used a thermal imaging camera to help them put out the blaze

FIREFIGHTERS had to give first aid to a man who was left unconscious by smoke from a living room fire yesterday (sun).

The man, aged 45, also had to have oxygen for ‘quite a period of time.’

A thermal imaging camera also had to be used to help put out the blaze in Edinburgh’s Muirhouse Avenue.

The fire crews rushed to the scene after receiving a call at 6.21pm on Sunday.

Three fire engines were called out as well as a fire service cherry picker and a communications vehicle.

Firefighters used two hose reels, six sets of breathing gear and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze, which was in a two-floor maisonette.

They found the man unconscious but breathing.

He was given oxygen and first aid by the fire crews before being taken to hospital.

The fire, in Gannet Court on Muirhouse Avenue, was under control by 7.28pm.

A Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “Firefighters provided oxygen and first aid for quite a period of time.

“The male casualty was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary by ambulance.”

NO COMMENTS