A 99-year-old woman received medical treatment after a fire broke out at a sheltered housing complex.
Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue service was called to Flat 124 at Home Cross House in Edinburgh at 4.40 am this morning.
An elderly woman was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The fire started within the fuse board of the woman’s home.
Fire officers attended the scene with two breathing masks, a fire extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera.
A spokeswoman from Lothian and Borders Fire Brigade said: “The fire started within the fuse board. Officers gave oxygen to a 99-year-old woman who was treated for smoke inhalation. She didn’t have to go to hospital.”
No residents at Home Cross House were evacuated as the fire was contained to one house.