Toddler hospitalised after fire

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditShare on Google+Digg this

A 15-month-old baby girl was taken to hospital following a blaze started by rubbish on fire in a stairwell early this morning (tue).

Firefighters were called to the fire, in Admiralty Street, Edinburgh, at 4.37am.

The 15-month-old was taken to Royal Hospital for Sick Children for a check-up following the fire, which was brought under control by 5.05am.

No one else was hurt in the incident, the fire service said.

They used a high pressure hose reel to tackle the blaze, and contacted residents of the terraced flats to reassure them.

The rubbish was taken out of the building, in the Leith area of the capital.

Three fire engines from McDonald road and Marionville attended the blaze, as well as a fire service cherry picker.

A Lothian and Borders Fire service spokeswoman said: “The fire was started by rubbish set alight

“The rubbish was moved out of the stairwell.”

Short URL: http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/?p=43920

Posted by on Feb 21 2012. Filed under In Brief. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply


Newsletter signup

Recently Commented

  • poppy: Absolutely disgraceful. She looks a real nasty piece of work. Thank goodness people like her are being...
  • Michael Rochester: Sorry to shoot your fox but the MONATORIAL SYSTEM was very popular in Victorian times. Tobermory...
  • Maxwell: It’s one thing to have a gambling problem and be single, but it’s really sad when the man has a...
  • Tom Foster: Thanks for the article! My website is now at http://www.edinburghphotograph y.com, just posting here in...
  • Don: Totally agree with Paula!! I miss these chips so much. All my mates included thought they were best things since...