Baby hospitalised following bedroom fire

The one-year-old was taken to hospital

A BABY is being treated in hospital following a fire.

The one-year-old was taken to Edinburgh’s Hospital for Sick Children suffering from smoke inhalation on Thursday night.

Fire crews were called to Denham Green Avenue in the city’s Trinity district at 10pm.

The fire had started in a first floor bedroom.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “We were called to a fire in a first floor bedroom at 22.00 last night. One male infant aged one was taken to the Sick Kid’s suffering from smoke inhalation.”

Previous articleWoman rescued after chip pan fire
Next articleEarless bunny hopes to hop into new home