Big Man plans big move to escape the limelight

0
13

ALAN Pollock is set to quit Scotland in the wake of the “Big Man” YouTube sensation that made him a worldwide internet star.

The 35-year-old and his family are planning a move to London to get away from constant attention north of the border.

Mr Pollock caused a sensation last year when he dragged a student off a train in a row about an unpaid ticket.

The burly bank worker and father of two, from Stirling, escaped prosecution but now wants a fresh start outside of Scotland.

Alan Pollock may move south to avoid ongoing attention

 

His father, Jim, a retired accountant, admitted: “He might be moving away to London.”

Speaking at his home in Wishaw, North Lanarkshire, Mr Pollock added: “He’s fine. He’s got nothing to get off his chest. His family and kids are fine.”

Asked where he was living currently, Mr Pollock, would only add: “He might still be in Scotland.”

Despite the controversy and threat of court proceedings, Alan Pollock kept his job with US-owned finance company Black Rock.

It is understood that he is planning to transfer from their Edinburgh office to the London branch.

After the video was first uploaded in December last year, Mr Pollock’s wife, Avril, said her husband was a “very private person”, adding: “He doesn’t even have his own Facebook.”

The family are believed to have moved out of their home in the Riverside area of Stirling several months ago and the phone has been disconnected.

The YouTube video, uploaded by teacher Ian Hems, has so far been watched 2,075,000 times.

It famously showed a row between student Sam Main, 19, from Falkirk, and a ScotRail conductor. Mr Main repeatedly refused to pay for a ticket on the Edinburgh to Perth train, claiming he had been given the wrong tickets earlier in the day.

As the train sat in Linlithgow Station, Mr Pollock got up from his seat and hauled Mr Main out of the train, battling twice to stop him getting back on.

He returned to his seat to a round of applause.

After the Crown Office revealed on February 8 last month that neither man would face court, Mr Pollock Snr described the family’s relief.

“It’s like the nightmare is over. It’s very good news, I’m glad to hear it,” he said.

NO COMMENTS