Baby boy dies tragically after falling ill at his Dundee home


A POLICE investigation is underway into the tragic death of a 10-month-old baby boy at his home.

Karson McNally – the great-grandson of former Dundee FC owner Peter Marr – died after falling “gravely” ill at home on Monday night.

Paramedics fought to resuscitate the infant but he was later pronounced dead at hospital.

Paramedics fought to resuscitate the infant but he was later pronounced dead at hospital.
Paramedics fought to resuscitate the infant but he was later pronounced dead at hospital.


The family were devastated at the “tragic loss” of Karson who would have been 11-months-old yesterday (Wed).

Police confirmed they are now looking into the “full circumstances” surrounding the death and will send a report to the procurator fiscal.

Heartbroken parents Demi, 20, and Martin, 25, were comforted at their Dundee home after former football tycoon Mr Marr and wife Anne flew home early from a holiday.

They did not comment on the loss of Karson but a family spokesman said: “We have been left utterly devastated by this tragic accident.

“Karson meant everything to the family and we would like to be left alone at this very difficult time in order to come to terms with what is a devastating and tragic loss.”

Rebecca Buist – a friend of the family – also paid tribute to Karson on Twitter after he died just hours after she held him.

On Tuesday she wrote: “Rip baby Karson. Gone but never forgotten.”

She added: “He was the most gorgeous little boy ever. Still in so much shock – I was cosying him yesterday morning.”

Shocked neighbours said the young family have only lived in the Fintry area of the city for six months.

They also said that since Karson’s death there has been a strong police presence.

One neighbour who asked not to be named said: “I saw it out the window – there was an ambulance and police here.

“It’s a real shock – a tragedy for the family. I’d just been to the hospital myself and when I came back I heard the commotion outside and saw the lights.”


Another resident added: “The police have been here since early this morning.

“There was a police car there first thing and then a van showed up later.

“The people who live there are a young couple – they’ve only moved in about six or seven months ago.”

Police Scotland’s Tayside Division confirmed officers were called to the address following Karson being taken ill.

A police spokesman said: “Emergency services attended at an address in Fintry, Dundee, at about 7.30pm on Monday April 29 after a 10-month-old boy had taken gravely unwell.

“Attempts were made to resuscitate the infant at his home address and these efforts were continued by paramedics en route to Ninewells Hospital.

“Tragically, he was pronounced dead at hospital a short time later.

“Police inquiries into the full set of circumstances are continuing and a report will be submitted to the procurator-fiscal in due course.”

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Ambulance Service confirmed a crew was dispatched to the address and that paramedics had tried to save the boy.

She said: “We attended an incident involving a baby in Dundee – we received a call at 7.15pm and the police were also in attendance.”