MCDONALD’S have sent a written apology to a Kilmarnock customer after she found human hair in her McMuffin.
April Gilmour nearly choked when she realised her sausage and egg McMuffin was coated in what appeared to be beard trimmings.
She only noticed the snack was full of short dark hair when she paused munching to add more sauce.
A photo of her hirsute, half-eaten breakfast has been shared over 600 times since it was posted on Facebook on Wednesday.
April had bought the £1.99 treat for breakfast from her local McDonald’s on Armour Street in Kilmarnock.
April wrote on Facebook: “This was my sausage and egg McMuffin from McDonald’s in Kilmarnock this morning.
“I had eaten half of it and opened it up to put more sauce in and noticed it was full of hair shavings. Disgusting!
The manager told me they operate a clean shave policy – well clearly some wee radge has shaved all over their uniform and it’s fell into my breakfast.”
She added: “It’s obviously an accident but I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it.”
One pal, called Sammi Rankin, wrote: “Do you normally have beard for breakfast ? You’ve ate someone’s facial hair.”
Katie Glass wrote: “Beware of the hairy burger and eggs – you could be next.”
Fi Balloch wrote: “Man shavings.”
While Kerri Campbell added: “Boak. That would put anyone off.”
A spokesman for McDonald’s said: “Ms Gilmour has been sent a letter of apology which should be with her tomorrow.
“We are sorry for her experience when visiting our restaurant. Food safety is our highest priority and both our restaurants and our suppliers place great emphasis on food hygiene and following rigorous standards in order to avoid imperfections in our products.
“We have launched an investigation following the reporting of this incident.”