Falkirk manager Peter Houston admits Connor McGrandles is facing six months on the sidelines after suffering a horrific double leg break in Saturday’s win at Morton.
The on loan Norwich City midfielder sustained the injury in the the dying seconds of the Cappielow encounter following a challenge from Ton player Joe McKee.
After undergoing a successful operation to mend his leg on Monday, Houston confirmed that the 20-year-old, who was making his fifth appearance for the Bairns since rejoining the club last month, will be out until the start of next season.
Houston said: “I visited him on Monday and he got out of hospital on Tuesday.
“The surgeons are very happy with it, the surgeons say three months in plaster, three months rehab.
“I’m sure when he goes back down to Norwich he’ll be rehabbed one-to-one on some occasions. He’ll have the best equipment, the best to get himself back fit to go again.
“If I’m being honest it put a total dampener on the weekend for me.
“I brought a young player up, who was still catching up on what this division is all about.”
Houston admits he did not waste any time in informing Canaries boss Alex Neil of the bad news.
Speaking to Falkirk TV, Houston said: “As soon as I got back on the team bus after leaving Cappielow, I phoned Alex.
“Alex recognises it’s football; it could have happened at the Norwich training ground, it could have happened in an Under-20s game. In football you never know what can happen.
“Norwich are keen for him to go down there but I think he’d like to stay at his mother’s for the next two weeks.
“If he needs lifted in and out of here to do some upper body stuff, we’ll do that.”