IT seems that Taylor Swift won’t be moving to Scotland any time soon – as the £2.5m castle she was rumoured to be eyeing up has been sold to another buyer in a secret deal.
Last summer rumours were flying that the US-based pop star was looking to move to Scotland with Dumfries-born DJ Calvin Harris.
But now one of the luxury properties she was rumoured to be considering for purchase has been snapped up by another buyer.
19th century Kinnettles Castle near Forfar, Angus was previously owned by an events venue company – but it has now been sold off to a new owner in a secret deal.
But the new owner has also sparked celebrity speculation – as estate agents Colliers have been forced to sign a nondisclosure agreement, meaning they cannot reveal any details of the sale or new owners.
The sale hit the headlines last year when rumours emerged that Swift was planning to buy a castle in Scotland.
At the time Colliers tweeted the star, to see whether they could tempt her with their listing.
But the Shake it Off singer quickly replied that she was not planning to buy a castle.
The rumours still persisted – and Kinnettles seemed like a likely candidate, given its host of celebrity visitors in the past.
In 2010 the nine bedroom venue hosted footballer Wayne Rooney and his wife Coleen as the setting for the christening of their son Kai.
The castle’s estate dates back to the 14th century, when King Robert III granted Alexander Strachan a portion of land in Forfar.
This went on to become the baronial estate of Kinnettles.
A dated stone of the castle itself suggests the building was erected in 1678.
In the 16th century ownership of the land was passed to the Lindsay family, who owned it for more than 200 years.
It then passed to Sir Thomas Moodie – the Provost of Dundee at the time.
It changed hands once more in the 17th century, when it was bought by the Bower family.
In 1802 the castle was then sold to a new owner, who added a second manor house on the property and added a huge surrounding parkland.
In 1864 the estate was bought by James Paterson – who began work on the structure recognisable as the castle today.