Hearts midfielder Prince Buaben could still seal Ross County move



Hearts midfielder Prince Buaben could still seal a switch to Ross County before tomorrow’s transfer window closes after failing to reach a deal during an opening round of talks.

The Staggies were given permission by the Gorgie club to discuss personal terms with the 28-year-old at the tail end of last week and Buaben even travelled north for face-to-face negotiations with Jim McIntyre’s side.

But Buaden returned to Hearts without putting pen to paper for County and was unused substitute in Saturday’s 2-1 victory at Patrick Thistle as Tony Watt opened his account for the club with a late strike.

robbieneilsonTynecastle officials, however, have indicated that a move to the Highlands could still be revived.

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson is not actively trying to force the former Dundee United midfielder out the door but Buaben, whose Hearts contract runs until summer 2018, is aware that his first team opportunities are likely to be limited this season, having fallen behind the likes of Arnuad Djoum, Don Cowie and Perry Kitchen in the pecking order.

Wigan, meanwhile, appear to have cooled their interest in Hearts right-back Callum Paterson following two failed bids for the Scotland internationalist.

Even though the 21-year-old is in the last year of his contract in Gorgie, Hearts are said to be determined not to lose the player for anything less than £1 million.

Latics manager Gary Caldwell is keen to recruit a right wing-back to ease his injury woes and is now said to have turned his attention to signing West Ham defender Reece Burke on loan.