Hibs defender Jordon Forster insists he is more confident about his future under Neil Lennon

0
273

@CCP_sport

Hibs defender Jordon Forster insists he is confident there is a pathway to regular first team football under Neil Lennon, despite only playing three minutes of league action so far.

The centre-half signed a new two-year deal at Easter Road during the summer after being assured by head coach Lennon that he would be given a chance to stake a claim in the side.

Forster, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Plymouth, played the full 90 minutes in Sunday’s 3-0 Irn-Bru Cup victory at Turriff United after coming on the final minute in each of the Championship victories over Falkirk, Queen of the South and Dunfermline.

Jordon Forster signsBut Forster believes he still has a bright future at the club under Lennon after conceding that he felt like a bit-part player under former manager Alan Stubbs.

The 22-year-old, who is hoping to feature at Dumbarton on Saturday, said: “The manager spoke to me at the start of the season, he does most days, and I feel like I’m in a position that I’ve got a chance.

“The boys who are playing are playing well, I’ve never shied away from that. The centre-backs here are top-end SPFL Premiership players.

“The good thing is I’m a lot younger than the three (Liam Fontaine, Paul Hanlon and Darren McGregor) of them, there is still that in my favour.

“The manager has said he still believes in me and when a chance comes, he has no qualms about putting me in – so I’m happy with that.

“No disrespect to the last gaffer, but I don’t think there was going to be an opportunity for me to me play.

“The new manager coming in was a big factor in me signing the contract.

“He’s been straight with me. So far he’s been true to his word. I’m quite happy to keep working hard and hopefully my chance will come.”

Forster, meanwhile, was relieved that in-demand striker Jason Cummings remains at the club after last Wednesday’s transfer window closed.

Cummings, who has already netted six goals in five domestic appearances this season, was the subject of a failed £1.7 million bid from Peterborough at the start of last month.

Forster added: “It shows ambition to have turned down the money they did for Jason, a couple of years ago that might not have been the case but there have been a few changes upstairs.

“The fact Jason’s still here gives the players and the club a massive boost.

“Without him in the team we wouldn’t be sitting on 12 points. It’s a big bonus he’s still here and hopefully he’s here for another couple of years.”

Hibs, meanwhile, have sold out their entire 8,00 ticket allocation for the weekend’s clash with the Sons at the Cheaper Insurance Direct stadium.

NO COMMENTS