KALLUM HIGGINBOTHAM insists he is relaxed over his Dunfermline future as he awaits talks over a new deal.
The former Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock player is out of contract in the summer after penning just a 12-month deal back in July.
The 27-year-old is relishing life with the Pars and has been a key figure in Allan Johnston’s line-up, playing 35 times so far this season.
He admits he would love to commit to the East End Park outfit beyond the summer but is content to wait as the Fifers battle to stave off a relegation battle.
He said: “I’m out of contract at the end of the season but I’ve not had any talks with the gaffer or anything.
“It’s just a case of getting my head down and hopefully I can play until the end of the season and just take it from there.
“I’ve always said all along I’ve got the desire to stay here. I love it, it’s a great club, and I love coming into training every single day.
“I’m playing on a Saturday, so there’s no reason why I couldn’t re-sign here.
“It’s just all down to the gaffer, whether he wants me or if the board have the money to keep me here, etc.”
Johnston is reluctant to begin talks until the club’s Championship status is confirmed for next season but has admitted players are playing for their futures as the campaign reaches its climax.
Higginbotham added: “We’ll have a talk about it in the coming weeks and see where we go.
“He’s not spoken to anyone. I think it will be down to once we’re safe.
“There’s still a lot of football to be played, so it will be on the back burner for the time being.”