SHOCKING pictures show the inedible “cottage pie and mushy peas” dinner served to a hospital patient.
The cottage pie appears to have been burnt into a solid mass while the mushy peas are a burger-shaped solid mass.
Paul Wardrop described the food as a “f****** joke” and said he would sooner eat “dog s***.”
Paul, from Glasgow, posted the pictures on social media, writing that the food had been served up to his uncle Thomas at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Glasgow.
He wrote: “This what my uncle Thomas got for his dinner tonight in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
“It’s meant to be cottage pie in peas in potatoes – f****** joke.
“I would not give an animal that because it probably wouldn’t eat it
“How can you put that out for someone? You just couldn’t give someone something that terrible.
“I’m taking this on. I want answers – how could you even try and eat that?
“I would eat dog s*** before that, but I would probably just do without.”
He added: “The second picture is meant to be peas. Aye right! Am going to take them to the ground.”
The pictures show the dinner in a black plastic dish with Paul being able to pick up the dark green mushy peas with one hand.
Instead of having a smoother texture, the peas appear to be hard and have gone into an oval shape.
The potato in the cottage pie looks to have sunk into the mince, which also appears to have overcooked to the point where it has solidified.
Marie Connolly responded online: “Disgusting and shameful.”
Rebecca Imlach said: “Feed it to the catering staff and see how they like it. No excuses whatsoever!”
Shelley Mccoll commented: S***e looks frozen. No wonder everyone ends up ill as soon as they go in there!”
Narelle Grimes said: “Expose the b******s.”
Jackie Smith said: “That is disgusting, bet prisoners get better food.”
Tracy Arkley commented: “That hospital is a f****** joke.”
Debbie Connor said: “Omg food always looked fine when my son was there for four months. That’s no right man.”
Margaret McKinlay commented: “Revolting.”
In January, an MSP shared a picture of an omelette meal one of his constituents were served at the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh which was described as being “unsuitable for dogs.”
The QEU hospital in Glasgow is currently under fire after a 10-year-old boy died in December after contracting an infection linked to pigeon droppings.
An inspection following this into the hospital’s cleanliness also raised concerns.
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde have said they are investigating this incident.
Tom Steele, Director of Facilities and Estates, said: “We apologise unreservedly for the unacceptable standard of meal provision served to this patient.
“This is being thoroughly investigated.
“We know how important a nutritious diet is to our patients and we listen to the feedback from our patients regarding the quality of our catering services and use this information to continually improve satisfaction levels.”