Roulette is one of the most famous casino games which you may stumble upon in movies, on TV, or even in computer games like Grand Theft Auto. This is how many people learn about casino games and become interested in the lifestyle of high rollers. Earlier, the only way you could try roulette was to go to a land-based casino and wager some money. But since the rise of online casinos, it has become possible to try playing casino games from the comfort of your home and even for free.
So, if you’re passionate about the online game of roulette and are wondering how to grow rich, then our high roller roulette tips will be a helping hand for you. But before we proceed with them, you should know how to pick a reliable online casino from a broad array of online gambling websites. Once you select the best online casino, you can start paving your way to success and winnings.
Opting for a good online casino to play roulette online
Obviously, to discover the best roulette tables you should first search for an online casino. The perfect venue will offer you to play your favorite game safely and with pleasure. Thus, before you start playing at any online gambling website, look through some important points:
- Check whether online gambling is allowed in your country. You can learn it from the website of an appropriate online gambling regulator in your area.
- Pick the top online casino. You should decide on the type of casinos you’d like to play at — mobile, instant-play or software-client based. Moreover, explore the list of the supported software suppliers, payment methods, deposit/withdrawal limits, and sites’ reputation. Also, it wouldn’t do any harm to check casino reviews and rankings, read its history, check its terms & conditions, and contact customer support representatives to understand how they treat their customers.
- Check its license and reliability. If you want to play at secure and reliable gaming sites, consider whether they are authorized and not blacklisted. Additionally, make sure that the chosen casino is verified by independent organizations like eCogra. It should also be protected by SSL encryption and use extra layers of data security.
How to Become A Roulette Player
Now that you know how to pick a reputable and reliable online casino, we can proceed with the tips on how to play roulette. Many new players get confused when they first try online gambling games. But if you choose to play roulette you can rest assured that the gameplay will be easy and smooth.
Learn the Rules
Simply put, roulette is all about betting your virtual chips on the wheel section where you believe the ball will land. If it lands on the section you bet, then you will succeed. If not — you will fail.
Although this game is simple, you still need to learn its rules and basic strategies. So, always do your own research before starting to wager big or play high stakes casino games. You can easily find gambling guidelines online. Read them carefully as it can double your chances of winning.
Try All Versions of Roulette for Free
Usually, online casinos allow you to try their games at no cost before you can start gambling with real money. To access free/demo games you need to create an account. Most casinos won’t require that you link your payment card straight away. Once the registration is completed, you can opt for demo play. Roulette comes in a few variations — American, European, and French — try them all if possible.
Basically, the three variations are similar except that some of them have the 00 pocket on the roulette table, while others don’t. The additional number affect your odds of potential winning.
French roulette is identical to European roulette. Still, there are several differences. The first one is in the wheel design — French roulette is built in accordance with the traditional design. Another crucial difference is “La Partage”, a special rule that lets you wager on even numbers and get your first stake back if the ball lands on 0.
When it comes to playing these versions of roulette, we’d like to note that you can try any of them. Still, for beginners, it’s recommended to start with the European version. It has only 37 slots, which implies that your chances for success are slightly higher.
Another feature to highlight is table limits. There are maximum and minimum bets allowed, and it’s essential to learn how to manage your bankroll. Usually, roulette games support a min bet of 50 cents and a max bet of 1,000 dollars.
Roulette Odds and Strategies
Since we’ve touched upon the roulette basics above, this begs another question — how much money should you wager?
The number of stakes will depend on how much you’re willing to wager during one session, and how many times you’re planning to bet. Typically, the roulette wheel rotates 40 times per hour. If you decide to gamble for 2 or more hours, ensure you can make your bankroll last for 80 or more spins. You can also place several bets during one session if they are within the roulette table’s maximum limits. Of course, the more wagers the roulette players make, the more difficult and exciting it is to keep a cool head. So, here are some efficient approaches that may help you during the gameplay:
- Hold to the min limits of bets and make outside wagers. Bet on red/black as it pays 1 to 1, and gives nearly 50/50 odds of winning.
- Place 2 outside bets in a single session. For instance, you can wager on odd/even or red/black numbers that pay 1 to 1, as well as on columns or dozens that pay 2 to 1. Although wagering this way won’t bring you large profit, you can increase your chances of winning if pairing the bets wisely.
- There are also strategies that may be very helpful to both a newbie and a professional gambler. If you want to gradually grow your winnings and minimize losses, try applying a martingale system. It involves doubling your stakes with each loss. Theoretically, it serves as a hedge, because this way you can cover the losses from the previous bet. But it can also result in a gambler going bankrupt.
- To further reduce the risk, you may also opt for the Bond approach. Stake 55 dollars on high numbers, 40 dollars — on the line containing the numbers from 13 to 18, and 5 dollars — on zero. This approach covers 31 out of 37 numbers and promises odds over 80%.
- Consider making alternative bets also. Namely, six line (6 numbers) pays 5/1, 16.2% win chance; corner (4 numbers) pays 8/1, 10.8% win chance; street (3 numbers) pays 11/1, 8.1% win chance; and split (2 numbers) pays 17/1, 5.4% win chance. American roulette also allows betting on the first 5 numbers at 6/1 (13.2% win chance).
Now that you have earned some cash, you may be wondering what to do with it. Professional players stick to a very simple rule — they withdraw it. You’d better do it as well. Don’t indulge in playing as it’s vital for a gambler to understand when to stop, because greed knows no limits. Since roulette is a gambling game, it can be very addictive. Don’t chase your losses. Trying to win your money back from the casino can make you waste more funds. As a result, you can be left with nothing, dead broke. Learn to limit your wagering amount and stick to that sum.
Roulette is one of the most popular table games played by beginners and experienced gamblers alike. With these guidelines, we hope that you’ll grasp all the fundamental knowledge required to enjoy the entertainment at the roulette table. Stick to responsible gambling, and keep the gameplay under control.