AMAZING new video shows how Cadbury’s “unmeltable” Flake defies the power of a gas gun capable of turning titanium to liquid.
Footage last week showed one of the chocolate bars refuse to melt when it was subjected to the 1,300 degrees C heat of a blowtorch.
A professional roofer from Dalkeith, Midlothian, saw the clip and couldn’t believe it.
So Ali Graham decided to go “nuclear” on a Flake by using his Sievert gas gun, used for torching felt roofs, and which hits almost 2,000 degrees C.
Titanium melts at 1,668 degrees C and platinum at 1,768 degrees C.
Ali, 21, blasts the chocolate bar with the intense flame but, even at that extreme heat, there is no melting at all.
Instead, the Flake becomes charred and produces smoke and flames, eventually resembling a stick of charcoal.
The clip ends with Ali saying in disbelief: “No f****** way”.
He uploaded his video on Friday to Twitter captioned with: “No f****** danger.”
Speaking today, Ali said: “I had gloves on and it was still actually chocolate In the middle when I snapped it.
“Makes me doubt it’s chocolate. I won’t eat another flake as I refuse to believe it’s chocolate. I’m not actually sure how hot it gets but I was pretty shocked and gutted to be proved wrong.”
@Jaymondo10 wrote under Ali’s post: “Da f*** they put in them to make it not melt.”
@Clairem_7 said: “Still a load of s****.”
@ChadLincoln82 wrote: “Utter c*** B*******.”
Last week, chocolate fans were left baffled after a Cadbury’s Flake refused to melt, when a 1300C blowtorch was applied to it.
Brooke Vance, from Glasgow, uploaded the clip to the internet, prompting amazement from viewers.
The scientific explanation for the phenomenon hinges on the amount of heat energy put into the bar.
When a piece of flake crumbles on to a person’s hand, for example, the low amount of heat energy allows for a phase transition of the chocolate from solid to liquid.
The sheer amount of energy produced by the gas gun, like the blowtorch, causes a chemical reaction, the result of which is that the chocolate burns.