Monday, July 4, 2022
NewsScottish NewsMan hospitalised following chip pan incident

Man hospitalised following chip pan incident

The handle of the chip pan broke, covering the man in hot fat (Picture by Hayford Peirce)

A MAN was rushed to hospital yesterday (mon) evening after spilling fat from a chip pan over his hands, arms and legs.

A fire service spokeswoman said the man, believed to be aged around 35, was trying to move a chip pan when the handle broke, dousing him in boiling fat.

He was rushed to St John’s hospital after suffering ‘severe burns’.

The accident happened at an upstairs apartment on Glebe Road in Whitburn, near Edinburgh, at around 6.15pm.

A Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “A male approximately 35-years-old suffered severe burns to his hands, legs and arms.”

A Scottish Ambulance Service spokeswoman said a man was taken to hospital following a house fire in Glebe Road.

The spokeswoman said someone phoned on behalf of the man but hung up before the call could be finished.


Related Stories