Thursday, August 11, 2022
In BriefElderly woman in fire rescue drama

Elderly woman in fire rescue drama

The fire in the kitchen was extinguished.

FIREFIGHTERS rescued an elderly woman from a blaze in a flat in the early hours of the morning.

The 76-year-old was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation after firefighters helped her out of the smoke-filled flat.

Two fire crews from Whitburn and Bathgate rushed to the ground floor flat in Manswood Court in Whitburn at 5.50am today.

They used two sets of breathing gear when entering the building.

Firefighters also used a carbon dioxide extinguisher to put out the blaze on the cooker in the kitchen.

The flames caused damage to the kitchen in the ground-floor flat.

A fire service spokesman said:  “An elderly female was led to safety and taken to St John’s hospital.”

Related Stories