Man in hospital following kitchen fire


A MAN suffered severe smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire at his home.

The blaze broke out at a property in Bathgate, West Lothian, shortly after 11pm on Tuesday.

The fire spread from the kitchen to the living room of the property in Alexander Avenue.

The victim was taken to St John’s Hospital, Livingston, for treatment. No details of his condition have been released.

Ten firefighters tackled the fire, during which two next-door neighbours had to be led to safety.

A spokeswoman for Fire and Rescue Scotland said: “We received the call last night to a kitchen fire in Bathgate. The house suffered serious damage throughout from smoke damage.”