BOBBY BARR admits he was worried for his Raith Rovers future after the appointment of new manager John Hughes because of a bust-up the pair had four years ago.
But, after talks with his former Livingston boss, Barr is convinced he can keeping playing a pivotal role for the team after both vowed to move on from their disagreement.
Hughes was named as successor to Gary Locke earlier this month on a deal for the remainder of the season, sparking concerns for Barr over the way they last parted.
‘Yogi’ told Barr to stay in the house until he phoned him after a falling out over playing style at Livingston in 2012.
But with the new Rovers head coach insisting he holds no grudges, the 28-year-old is desperate to enjoy a Raith revival under his old manager.
He told @CCP_sport: “I spoke to the gaffer when he came in about being part of his plans and he said what happened was in the past. It was a few years ago now.
“I’ve played every game I’ve been fit for this season, so I don’t see why I shouldn’t be involved between now and the end of the season.
“The manager said it wouldn’t be an issue and I started his first game in charge last week, which is a positive.
“You’re always a wee bit worried. You don’t know how things are going to pan out.
“But he was brand new with me and with the group as a general, and hopefully I did enough last Saturday to stay in the team this weekend.”
Hughes’ reign kicked off with a morale-boosting 1-1 draw against league leaders Hibs last weekend, with Barr playing the full 90 minutes.
And the former Morton and Brechin City attacker is hopeful Rovers can finally get a win on their trip to face Queen of the South on Saturday afternoon after going 15 matches without tasting victory.
He added: “It’s a work in progress with the new manager and it will take time to get used to it as a team.
“But Saturday was a good start. We’ve worked a bit again this week and hopefully we can take it into the Queen of the South match and try to get a positive result down there.”