Friday, August 12, 2022
NewsFour pet dogs rushed to vet after eating chocolate-coated marshmallows with drugs...

Four pet dogs rushed to vet after eating chocolate-coated marshmallows with drugs hidden inside

A DOG lover had to rush his pets to the vet for emergency treatment after at least two of them ate marshmallows with drugs hidden inside.

The four dogs owned by 53-year-old Mark Chenery and his wife, Gillian, needed vomit-inducing injections after discovering the potentially deadly treats.

The couple had taken their pets for a walk in Diss, Norfolk, when they found the chocolate-coated marshmallows with pills hidden inside.

Taxi driver Mark took to Facebook on Tuesday night to share images of the chocolate covered marshmallows, posting: “A big thank you to the mindless c***, who left these chocolate coated marshmallows.

The marshmallows where packed with tablets.

“All stuffed with the capsules in the picture below on the Thorndon dog walking fields. All capsules containing something to either harm or even kill dogs.

“My wife just paid £180 to have their stomachs emptied, now waiting for police. This was just what I found, maybe more here, or other dog walking places, so keep your eyes peeled. Let’s hope we don’t find out who you are you horrible scumbag piece of s***.”

The images Mark posted show the lethal marshmallows with the drugs on display, some of which are clearly poking out of them.

Mark has claimed the drugs to be a mixture of paracetamol and pregabalin, due to the markings on the pills.

The latter is known to help treat epilepsy, neuropathic pain and anxiety.

However, it is also known for its recreational use, giving the user feelings of euphoria and relaxation.

Pictured: Mollie, Rocky, Dolly and Charlie

The image Mark posted has been slammed by Facebook users, who have all expressed their disgust towards the images.

Jan Bates commented: “Too much hatred around! Whoever did that needs to be put in an asylum!!”

Johnny Baines said: “Sick b*******, what is this world come to for people to do this and harm dogs, cats and wildlife.”

Ruth Walters posted: “This was not mindless Mark, it was very much deliberate wasn’t it. What vile people live on this earth, I hope karma gets them.”

Cally Louise Taylor also said: “What is wrong with people…why would you go to that effort to harm an animal.”

Speaking today, Mark said: “I have no idea why someone would do this, obviously some mindless human who wants to harm dogs, and cause distress to their owners.

Pictured: Gillian and Mark with one of their dogs, Charlie.

“I’m led to believe with the combination of chocolate and the drug it could have been fatal. The dogs seem ok at the minute.”

Speaking today, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police are urging the public to be vigilant after a number of suspicious edible items were found in an area popular with dog walkers in Thorndon, near Eye.

“A member of the public had found a number of chocolate marshmallows containing pharmaceutical type capsules on the ground. At this time it is not known what the substance contained in the capsule is.

“Police understand that some of these had been eaten by four pet dogs who required their stomachs to be pumped out at a veterinary surgery. The dogs are now recovering.

“Anybody whose dog has been affected are asked to submit a crime report via our website. Police are appealing for witnesses or anybody who has any information or saw anything suspicious to get in touch quoting CAD reference 299 of 17 December.”

Related Stories