Aldi apologise to Scots mum after high chair “snaps” and injures 10-month-old son

0
203

Aldi apologise to mum after high chair breaks

ALDI has apologised to a mum after her baby’s high chair “snapped” and sent him crashing to the floor.

10-month-old Ollie McColl was left with painful marks on his arm after he fell from the £34.99 Mamia Swivel 360 high chair on 9 July.

His mum, Ashleigh Boston, 25, says the accident happened after the chair “snapped” off its base and sent Ollie “flying”.

Ashleigh, from Kirkcaldy, Fife, says Ollie was “hysterical” and narrowly avoided a serious injury.

Aldi high chair breaks injuring baby
Ashleigh says the base of the swivel chair “snapped”. (Image: Ashleigh Boston)

The deli worker posted photos which show the mark left on Ollie’s arm after he was “nipped” by the chair on the way down.

Other images show the broken high chair leaning to one side after a part near the base appears to have come off.

Ashleigh took to social media to warn others of her experience, posting the pictures and saying: “Bought this 2 weeks ago and never had any problems.

“Put Ollie in for his tea and it snapped off the base and he went flying, luckily he was fine and only got a fright.

“Phoned to complain and he wasn’t interested and said to go to the store for a refund! Absolute joke.”

Aldi high chair breaks injuring baby
Ollie was “hysterical” after the accident. (Image: Ashleigh Boston)

Several other parents have also complained of similar issues with the high chair.

Chloe Watson replied to Ashleigh saying: “The high chairs are crap! Same thing happened with my son, but he slid under the tray bit and was dangling by his head.”

Although there are a few five star reviews on Aldi’s website, many allege similar problems.

One mother named Paige gave the product one star and described how “the pole keeps popping out making it unstable.”

Another mum, Katie, gave the same rating and said the high chair was “not very sturdy”

Speaking last week, Ashleigh said: “My son was eating his tea and the whole thing came away from the base and he flew down to the side.

Aldi high chair breaks injuring baby
Ashleigh with baby Ollie (Image: Ashleigh Boston)

“Luckily my partner was there to stop him hitting his head off the wall and catch it.

“He started hysterically crying, we presumed he had gotten a fright as he never fell into anything.

“I phoned Aldi customer service straight away to let them know as this is not safe and they said I could get a refund.

“I noticed an hour later and he had a nip mark obviously where it had caught his skin.

“This shouldn’t have happened, luckily my son was okay.

Aldi high chair breaks injuring baby
Several other parents complained of similar issues (Image: Ashleigh Boston)

“The customer service man was really rude and not bothered about what happened.

“If you read the reviews on them they are all terrible, so I reckon it’s just a matter of time before it happens to someone else.”

Aldi subsequently apologised to Ashleigh and said they will look into the matter.

An Aldi spokeswoman said: “We were sorry to hear about Ms Boston’s experience and have asked her to return the product to her nearest store so we can investigate this fully with our supplier.”

 
SHARE
Previous articleRobbie Neilson delivers update on assistant manager chase
Next articleNHS worker and Covid-19 survivor goes viral after donating plasma to help coronavirus sufferers

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY