In recent times many users have been complaining about how their iPhone keeps restarting or crashing. The iPhone random auto restarting problem is the most common problem an apple user can face, which can be very frustrating in their daily life not to mention how to do an iPhone data recovery after restarting. There are some common reasons which cause this problem, and there are a few methods by which an iPhone user can resolve this issue.
Why an iPhone keeps restarting by itself
The most common issues which the users face are auto restarting of the device while using; screen fixed on apple logo and iPhone reboot loop. Many factors can cause the restarting problem in an iPhone, but there are four main areas. These are –
- Bad Software update
While software updates, if the process gets disrupted, the update can go wrong and thus, the operating system of the iPhone can be unstable. This is what might result in how the iPhone keeps restarting.
2. Attack of Malware
This happens when apps from unknown unsecure sources get installed in the device. Mainly, jailbroken iPhones face this scenario. Apps from unknown sources might contain viruses and malware which corrupts the iPhone software, which can result in the iPhone keeps restarting error.
3. Unstable or malicious driver
If any driver of the device becomes unstable, it can cause the iPhone boot loop problem. In case of some specific driver problems, the iPhone can even get stuck on the restore screen. Updating the firmware can fix this problem.
4. Hardware related issue
The chances of this in comparison to the previous ones are pretty low, but, sometimes hardware component malfunction can cause iPhones to keep restarting. Malfunction related to the device’s charging port or device’s power key can cause this issue.
Fixing the device
Here are some basic tips iPhone users can follow to fix the problem. All of the methods listed below can be applied for all the versions of the iPhone, i.e. x/8/7/6/6s/5/5s.
- Update all apps and software to the latest version
Updating outdated software in iPhone can remove many problems. For software update follows these steps,
- Open app store
- Select Updates option in the bottom left corner of the screen
- For updating all available apps at once, select, Update all, or single apps can be updated one by one as per the requirement.
- Update to latest iOS version
Latest software updates from apple can detect and remove any problem in firmware. For doing a software update go to settings>General>software to check if there are any software updates available or not. If available, then complete the installation
- Reset all phone settings to default
Sometimes, change in the default setting of the phone can trigger auto restarting. Changing all settings to factory default can fix the issue. For doing so, open Settings > General > Reset, then enter your phone password and then select Reset all settings to restore phone settings to factory default one.
All of these methods can be applied if the device can be turned on. If the device keeps on auto restarting but can’t be turned on, then these following processes may be followed.
- Force restart your phone
A force restart is a useful fix to tackle restarting problems. For doing a force restart, follow these steps:-
- For iPhone 6/6s and old devices, hold the sleep and home button together for 10 seconds, and let go when the apple logo comes on the screen.
- For iPhone 7/ 7 plus, hold down the volume down and sleep / home button for 10 seconds until the apple logo comes on screen.
- For iPhone 8 and X press the volume up button for a few seconds, then press the volume down button for a few seconds and release. Then press the home button until the Apple logo comes on the screen
- Factory reset your iPhone
This process will definitely erase all the data present in the phone memory but may fix the problem faced by the user. For doing factory reset
- Connect a lighting cable to the device and make sure the other half is not connected to the system
- Now long-press the home button of the device while connecting it to a system
- Release the button while launching iTunes. This will put the device in recovery mode. Now it can be reset with iTunes.
- Connect it to the iTunes
Connecting the device with iTunes may resolve the restarting issue. Follow the below steps to proceed
- Connect your iPhone with a system and launch iTunes
- As soon as iTunes gets connected with the device, it will detect the problem. iTunes will display a pop-up box. Select and click the Restore button to fix the detected problem.
If all the above-mentioned processes aren’t able to fix the iPhone auto restarting problem, then there is a better and professional solution user may choose. Wondershare Dr.Fone – iOS system repair tool for iOS can resolve iPhones reboot loop issue and protect the device from harmful malware. This software can run with any model of iPhone and is compatible with major Apple devices like the iPhone, ipad and iPod touch. The desktop application of Wondershare Dr.Fonefor windows and Mac can be downloaded easily.
The Speciality of Wondershare Dr.Fone – System repair.
Fix ” iPhone keeps restarting ” issues
- Fixes the different iOS system problems like looping on start, recovery mode, black screen, stuck on logo
- Fix any other iPhone errors and iTunes errors such as error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27, iTunes error 9 and many more.
- Only fixes the iOS to normal, no data loss occurs in the process whatsoever.
- Works for all models of iPhone, ipad and iPod touch
- The desktop application of Wondershare Dr.Fone system repair for iOS can be downloaded easily for both Windows and Mac.
Wondershare Dr.Fone System repair is recommended to every apple user. With the help of this, the software and reboot related issues will be a problem no more.