Managing your own fleet of vehicles can be an enormous responsibility, as there are so many different things fighting for your attention at any given time.
It can take considerable time (as well as a little trial and error) to perfect your skills and feel confident in your ability to manage your fleet productively and efficiently, but you’ll always be on the lookout for ways to improve your service, cut down costs and boost your business.
One brilliant choice that you can make to take your fleet management skills to a whole new level involves the utilisation of fuel cards, as fuel cards can provide an enormous amount of benefits whilst saving you a whole load of stress and hassle.
If you’d like to find out more about how fuel cards can benefit your fleet, simply read on!
What Is A Fuel Card?
A fuel card works as a form of alternative payment for your fleet that they can utilise whilst out on the road.
It cuts out the stress of having to repay your staff individually or create a number of different accounts, as you can provide each member of your team with a card which is linked to one unique commercial account.
A fuel card gives you the option to track how much each member of your fleet is spending, along with the location and time that the fuel card has been used.
The Benefits Of A Fuel Card
Fuel cards can provide a wealth of benefits for your fleet no matter how many team members you employ, as the tracking options and spending limits can help you to maintain complete control. As they are specially created for commercial use, there’s a number of handy features that can make filing and cost reports simpler than ever.
- Maintaining control – when you ready have access to fuel card data, you can assess how much your fleet spends during a set period of time and work out an acceptable average. Setting limits at this average can help to cut unnecessary spending.
- Cut costs – identifying overspending through your fuel card data will allow you to make the necessary adaptations immediately.
- Easier invoicing – invoicing from one registered commercial account is far easier than attempting to chase up a seemingly endless supply of receipts.
- Increased security – having a fuel card is much safer than forcing your fleet members to carry cash, and your fuel card will be PIN protected for extra security.
- Free – fuel cards are issued free of charge! You don’t need to pay a penny to get fuel cards for your whole fleet.
- Account management – each fuel card account is issued an individual account manager that can offer support and advice to help you get the most out of your fuel card.
It’s clear to see just how beneficial a fuel card can be for your fleet, so there’s no time like the present to seek out your own fuel card arrangement to cut your costs and increase your security today.