Man taken to hospital after attic fire

0
0

A MAN was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a block of four flats in Kirkcaldy.

The fire started at around 5.30am today (Mon) in the attic of one of the flats in Chapel Place

Fire crews used two high pressure hose reels to get the flames under control.

One man was taken to Victoria Hospital in the town where he was treated for smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman for Fife Fire and Rescue Service said: “We attended a dwelling fire in Kirkcaldy. Four appliances were in attendance and one height appliance.

“It was a two story block of four flats. The fire was in the attic space of one of the upper flats.

“Two high pressure hose reels were used.”

A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We got a call from the police at 7:00am to attend to someone at a bus stop with smoke inhalation.

“One male was taken to the Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.”

A Fife Police spokesman said: “The fire service is now investigating as they think it may be an electrical fault.”

NO COMMENTS