|

Chip pan fire takes hold of woman’s dressing gown

By Christine Lavelle

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditShare on Google+Digg this

A 62-YEALD-OLD woman was treated by ambulance staff after she tried to single-handedly battle a blaze in her kitchen

The woman tried desperately to extinguish the chip-pan fire with water – which caused the flames to flare up at her, setting her dressing gown alight.

A fire crew arrived at her home in Gogarbank, Edinburgh, shortly before 12pm today (Sun) and used a high pressure hose reel and six breathing masks to put the fire out.

The woman was outside the property when the firefighters arrived and was checked over by paramedics.

It is believed she was treated for smoke inhalation but was not taken to hospital.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “We got the call just before midday to a kitchen fire in Gogarbank.

“A 62-year-old woman was already outside when we arrived and she was treated by an ambulance crew.

“The fire started in a chip pan and the woman tried to put it out herself but the water made it flare up and catch on to her dressing gown.

“She was not hurt and did not require hospital treatment.”

Short URL: http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/?p=28735

Posted by Christine Lavelle on Jan 16 2011. Filed under In Brief. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

*

Newsletter signup

Recently Commented

  • Christopher: the People With No Life will have moved on to their next cheap thrill.// Um… I’m thinking...
  • Johnny Fourtime: Just received a sticker but no bag in Derry City NI , Straight to the bin.
  • Dr geoff morley: Society is wrong when you are made to feel dirty when you are doing something which is normal and...
  • Tony Oppegard: BBC Scotland’s response sounds just like something America’s pathetic FOX...
  • Dougie Blackwood: I remember doing a tour of Dunvegan castle sometime about 1960. I’m sure it was conducted or...