Man rushed to hospital after chip pan fire in Pilton

0
4
Firefighters were called to a flat in Northview Court in Pilton, Edinburgh at 9.37pm

A MAN was rushed to hospital with smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire in a high-rise block of flats last night.

Firefighters were called to a flat in Northview Court in Pilton, Edinburgh at 9.37pm, where they found the 41-year-old casualty.

The fire was extinguished using a blanket, and the man was rescued by fire crews.

He was taken to hospital after being checked over by paramedics and given oxygen treatment.

Four fire engines from Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze, which was brought under control by 10.16pm.

No-one else was hurt in the incident, the fire service said.

A spokeswoman for said: “The fire was extinguished using a blanket. A 41-year-old male casualty was given oxygen and checked over by ambulance crews.

“He was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.”

NO COMMENTS