Man severely burned in blaze at flat


Lothian and Borders fire brigade rescued four people from the blazing fla

A MAN suffered severe burns in a fire at his home this morning (Mon).

The 59-year-old was rescued from his ground floor property in Parkgrove Bank, Edinburgh.

He was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and burns to his arms and face.

Three other people were rescued from the property, a man aged 33, a seven-year-old boy and a 51-year-old female, but none required hospital treatment.

The fire is believed to have been contained to the living room,

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said:

“We got the call at 5.02am to attend a fire in a ground floor flat.

“A 59-year-old male was rescued and was suffering from smoke inhalation and burns. He was taken to hospital by ambulance.

“Two males, aged 33 and seven, and a female, aged 51, were also rescued but they did not require hospital treatment. “

Previous articleScots parents “worst in UK” for exposing kids to skin cancer risk
Next articleMissing Husky Reunited With Owner