Pool shut three times in one week by sick youngsters


A SWIMMING pool has been shut for cleaning three times in one week after young swimmers “contaminated” the water.

The facility in Dumfries was shut on the third occasion after a child was “sick in the pool”.

The precise reasons for the previous two closures at the DG One pool remain unclear but social media users have been quick to speculate.

One user wrote: “They might have swallowed one of those fun size Milky Ways that have been bopping about the pool last week like a scene from Jaws.


The temporary pool has been closed three times in just a week


“No matter how hard you try and swim away, the wee jobby will get you.”

Another wrote: “The turd time it’s happened, on a Turdsday as well.”

One added: “The phantom crapper strikes again.”

One commented: “Must be a stinky situation.”

Another added: “In our day they would scoop and continue what is the point of the chlorine if every time they clean and empty pool?”

And one commented: “The pool has been shut more than it’s been open this week, it is a joke.”

The temporary pool was created at Dumfries Ice Bowl during maintenance work at the main complex.

In a statement on their Facebook page, DG One, the leisure arm of Dumfries and Galloway Council, said: “Good morning all, we wanted to take the opportunity to say thankyou to you all for being patient with us after the recent closures.

“Unfortunately the swimming pool has had to close due to a child being sick in the pool.

“Once again we’d like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Over the next 24 hours we will be taking all the the appropriate steps to ensure that the pool is safe for use once again.

“Could we also take this opportunity to remind everyone to take the appropriate time and care after a sickness bug before attending the pool.”