A SCOTRAIL conductor who featured in a video watched by millions on the internet is ‘delighted’ to be back at work.
Alan Mitchell, 63, featured in the ‘ScotRail no ticket’ YouTube video which has been seen more than two million times.
The conductor, who has been a railwayman for 37 years, said: “I have always wanted to return to duties. Railways are my hobby as well as my job.”
He added: “I never get that ‘Monday morning feeling,’ and I’m delighted to be back. I really like my work.”
Alan, who is married, had been on leave since the You Tube video was uploaded in early December.
The video appeared to show a young man being manhandled off a train by another passenger following a disagreement over his ticket with a conductor.
The other passenger was dubbed the ‘Big Man’ on the video sharing site.
He works on routes across Scotland, ScotRail said.
A 35-year-old man from Stirling has been charged with assault.
A 19-year-old has also been reported for a trespass in connection with an incident on board the 21.33 Edinburgh to Perth service at Linlithgow on 9 December 2011.
The Crown Office say the case remains under consideration.