Possibility of Hearts vs Partick Thistle going ahead to become clearer today as Ann Budge checks Tynecastle progress



HEARTS expect to have a better idea whether Sunday’s fixture against Partick Thistle will go ahead on Thursday morning when owner Ann Budge personally inspects the new main stand.

Construction staff worked through Wednesday night – as they did on Monday evening – in a bid to rectify several minor issues which were flagged up in the £14 million project by City of Edinburgh Council officials.

Those issues must be fixed before a safety certificate to host the fixture can be issued.

Budge is keen to give the builders on site as much time as possible before making a decision regarding whether to request a postponement from the SPFL, while the council have shown a willingness to be flexible in making inspectors available throughout the weekend.

However, the capital club are also conscious of the need for Partick Thistle and the supporters of both clubs to be made aware of a final decision as swiftly as possible.

Should it become clear that the work will not be completed in time during her walk-around on Thursday, Budge is likely to contact Partick Thistle and the SPFL before officially requesting that the match is re-arranged.

If sufficient progress has been made, a further council inspection is expected to take place on Friday – when Budge hopes a safety certificate will be issued.

Hearts are expected to release an official statement on Thursday to update fans on the latest situation.