Home Bargains customer posts horrific pictures of burns he suffered after “flask exploded”

0
1209

A SCOT has posted horrific images of the burns he suffered when he claims a Home Bargains flask “exploded”, covering his arm in boiling water.

Lee Hunter Shearer suffered second-degree burns which tooks months to heal and left him in agonising pain.

The 31-year-old bought the flask at the Tain, Scottish Highlands, branch of Home Bargains in March last year and was using it for the first time.

He claims that after filling the flask with boiling water and closing the lid, it exploded with a noise like a gun shot. He says he collapsed on the floor in pain, waking his sleeping girlfriend with his screaming.

Lee alleges the store have not dealt properly with his complaint and recently decided to go public.

Lee claims he suffered second degree burns from the flask

The man from Helmsdale, Scottish Highlands, posted pictures of his nightmare burns to Facebook on Tuesday to show how frustrated he is with the company.

He asked: “When are you going to be getting in touch with me?

“You were quick enough to have me pay my own way the following day to return the flask and took details which I’ve heard nothing about.

“First time using it and the lid exploded off. Any longer and I will be signing my forms from the no win no fee company I will not name.”

The images show how a patch of Lee’s skin was allegedly burnt off as a result of the explosion.

The fisherman says he was rushed to A&E by his partner

Pictures also document how long the injury took to heal, which was around four months after the initial incident took place in March last year.

His post also attracted several comments telling him to sue Home Bargains for the claims.

Emma MacKenzie said: “Lee get them sued.”

Lynsey Reid commented: “Lee definitely sue that’s awful.”

Lisa J Gray said: “Jesus imagine if that was your face or your eye, I’d definitely be taking that to court.”

Kay Albin said: “Youch not good at all.”

The wounds took months to heal

Donna Mackay commented: “God! That looks nasty! Poor show Home Bargains!”

Lee said today: “I had just filled it up when there was this massive explosion and my partner woke up with the noise of the bang.

“It broke into two pieces and one bit came off like a bullet, the bang was like a gun being shot.

“I collapsed to the floor as the pain was unreal. When my partner came through, she panicked, but then ran the burn under a cold tap and took me to A&E.”

Lee with partner, Carly who had to help him with his injury

Lee said he returned the item to the Home Bargains store in Tain, but has been in contact with solicitors in relation to the claim.

He described how infuriated he was when he saw the item was still on shelves.

He added: “I’m more p* off that the thing was still on sale a few months ago when I was last in.

Home Bargains said they would not like to comment on this occasion.

ENDS

 
SHARE
Previous articleAussie football fans and cops “bounce” together as firework search ends in hilarious celebration
Next articleFascinating 1901 Thomas Cook guide to Scotland turns up 4,500 miles away in Colorado

NO COMMENTS