ASDA customer posts gruesome images of burns she claims were caused by “faulty hot water bottle”

0
1557

A NHS worker has posted gruesome pictures of the severe burns she claims were caused by an Asda hot water bottle.

Abby Croft needed hospital treatment for the burns and pictures show a large blister and redness on her wrist which later become a nasty wound.

The 29-year-old from Derby bought the £7 hot water bottle online and insists she was using it correctly when she burnt.

No water leaked from the bottle and Abby has put her injuries down to the rubber on the product which she claims is not “fit for purpose”.

ASDA customer posts gruesome images of burns she claims were caused by "faulty hot water bottle"
Abby said she will be “scarred for life” after the incident

However, Asda have denied the claims saying a “full investigation” found “no issues” with the product.

The 29-year-old said she will be “scarred for life” as the Asda George ‘Hot Water Bottle with Faux Fur Cover’ is still on sale.

She took to Facebook on February 19th to post pictures of her injuries and outline her ordeal.

She claimed: “Asda George hot water bottle gave me a second degree burn on my wrist whilst using it correctly and with cover!

“This happened after using it for the second time a week after buying it online. It’s been weeks now and all I’ve heard back is a lot of excuses, and been offered a £25 gift card as ‘goodwill.’

ASDA customer posts gruesome images of burns she claims were caused by "faulty hot water bottle"
The NHS worker said “It’s been a terrible experience” after the burns

“They are now in stores and I’m wanting to warn. Please please please don’t use this product!

“After taking my bottle for ‘testing’ they will not send it back to me nor offer any information on the tests or results.

“It’s been a terrible experience and the customer service received has been awful.”

Abby also claimed her attempt to highlight the issue had been censored.

She wrote: “I have already tried to write a bad review of the product and it will not be allowed by Asda to be seen on the website.

“I will be scarred for life and they are still selling them.”

The first image shows her skin with a blister with the second taken shortly after depicting injury tries to heal itself.

“It’s been a terrible experience and the customer service received has been awful."
Abby also claimed her Asda review had been censored

There were multiple comments of support for Abby including from a woman who claimed she went through the same thing.

Chloe Whittaker said: “I honestly can’t believe this! I have had the same water bottle for a few weeks now and the same thing has happened to me!”

Chloe also posted several burn injuries to her arm, including one sore-looking blister.

Stephanie Conlon commented: “It’s awful. I think you should seek legal advice, tell Asda you are doing that to try and get them to withdraw it.”

Kerry Evans said: “Omg awful! How did it happen? Did it have a leak or is the screw top faulty? This is awful hopefully they stop selling it.”

Speaking today, Abby said she used hot water from the kettle by flicking the switch before it boiled and left it for another ten minutes.

She said: “It has now happened seven weeks ago, I’m not really happy how long it’s taken them and how they have dealt with it. I’d like others to be warned.

“There was no tear and no leak. The rubber on the bottle was not fit for purpose as it causes burns when used properly and with the cover provided.”

“It’s been a terrible experience and the customer service received has been awful."
Abby said the £7 hot water bottle was “not fit for purpose”

Asda said they found nothing wrong with the bottle and urged customers to follow the guidelines on how to use it.

A spokesman said: “We would like to reassure customers that there are stringent processes in place for the manufacture of hot water bottles and that this product complies with British Standards.

“We have informed Ms Croft that following a full investigation there were no issues found with the product and we would advise anyone using a hot water bottle to follow the product guidelines for use.”

 
SHARE
Previous articleGrieving mother posts CCTV of “scumbag” burglars who stole dead fiance’s belongings
Next articleSelf-confessed “idiot” turns himself into human soap dispenser for a laugh

NO COMMENTS